Experience: 3-7 Years
Salary Range: To be negotiated
Skills: Java Springboot, Angular UI, MySQL database for a Cloud based SaaS product + DevOps
The Applications Support Engineer is responsible for the operation, support and maintenance of specific software applications, which is built in-house. He/She should have a deep understanding of the application’s functionality and backend. He/She is responsible for interacting with the application users and setting up, and onboarding of the users.
The Applications Support Engineer uses critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems. He/She is passionate about analyzing and resolving problems and addressing technical challenges. Also possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- You will be interacting with our clients all over the globe on a need basis and own customer issues. Be the first point of contact to maintain the integrity of our Cloud infrastructure
- Debug and perform root cause analysis (RCA), understand the code flow and application functions after understanding the points/replication steps given by L1 team
- Run the production environment for monitoring high availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Gather and analyse metrics from cloud Infra and applications, Respond for alerts from production systems, Identify and resolve root causes in a timely fashion
- Escalate issues (when required) to the appropriate channel and work on it to closure within a short turnaround time
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process all the way through to the final resolution
- Use logical reasoning to analyze a situation and make use of available debug utilities
- Develop FAQ and Knowledge Base articles to aid in problem resolution
- When you are unable to solve the ticket within the stipulated time, you will work with L3 engineers and ensure the logical conclusion and closure of the ticket
- Validate Severity and Analyze issue to fix with the immediate work around, long term fix & impact analysis
- Search KBs, Support tickets, Documents for relevant solutions for the reported issue
- Replicate it locally and/or parallel environments to complete analysis and resolution
- Request and review all required details like the screenshot, all application logs, event viewer logs and Diagnostic utility results (if needed) and document them before escalating to the L3 team.
- During scanning Jira tickets, if he/she finds an issue as bug/enhancement, the information should be added to the ticket in the feature development bucket
- The engineer should be flexible to work in any shift as required by the business in the future
- The engineer should be ready to work 24x7x365 rotating shifts based on business requirements.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant Technology disciplines
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps skillset supporting cloud-based Java applications
- 3+ years of experience in an application development support role in medium to large organizations
- Application Support include debugging and developing/troubleshooting a solution for a Java Springboot, Angular UI, MySQL database for a Cloud based SaaS product
- Experience in Application Performance / End user monitoring, Infrastructure monitoring and log analysis tool such as AppDynamics
- Hands-on experience working with ticketing tools and SLA governed environment
*Selected candidate will be full time employed with all insurancess, in the country of residence.
*All additional information on the client will be shared with applicants during the 1st round of interviews.
Email for application: [email protected]